- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Exhibitions and Events
- Residence Art Collection
- Australia-United States of America relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Austrade Marketing Internship
The Australian Trade Commission – Austrade – is the Australian Government’s trade and investment development agency. We help Australian businesses of all sizes, across major sectors, to succeed in international trade, education and investment. Operating through a global network of offices in more than 110 locations in over 55 countries, Austrade offers practical advice, market intelligence and ongoing support to Australian business and education organisations.
We are currently seeking applications for the summer 2013 marketing internship. Interns are hired for a period of three to four months, work 4-5 days a week full-time and will receive a $1000 stipend. The summer internship will run from May to August; start and end dates are flexible.
Applicants must either be a United States citizen, or a lawful permanent resident (Greencard holder), or hold a visa in the 'A' classification. (An 'A' visa takes precedence over all other visa classes, including 'E', 'F', and 'J'). An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) is sufficient only if the bearer also holds a derivative 'A' visa.
Summary of Duties
The intern will assist with market research and writing reports, event management, online social media, student enquiries, website development, and administrative tasks. The intern will work primarily with the education team while supporting the broader office as needed.
The successful candidate will ideally:
• have completed at least three years of college (with a minimum GPA of 3.2)
• have strong research skills and the ability to synthesize and analyze data
• possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• have event management experience
• be proficient with Microsoft Office
• have the ability to work independently and in a team
• have the ability to show initiative
• have experience using online social media in an academic or professional capacity (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress)
• have a personal interest in the fields of international education, international marketing, and/or education marketing
• have previous work or study experience in Australia
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
2. Cover letter - please outline how you meet the above criteria and include your preferred start and end dates
For the summer internship, please send your application to:
HR.Wash@austrade.gov.au by 12 April 2013.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We endeavor to respond to applicants of interest within a period of three weeks from the application closing date. If you are not requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.