- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Exhibitions and Events
- Residence Art Collection
- Australia-United States of America relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
How to renew an Australian Passport using a Form PC7
The PC7 form cannot be used to renew a passport that is damaged, or to change your passport details (eg. name).
Check that all pre-completed details on the form are correct. If changes are needed to the name field or personal details in Section 2, you should complete a PC8 application instead.
- Check the pre-printed address at the top of the form. If changes are needed to the address, neatly cross through the pre-printed address and write the new address in black ink to the right of the incorrect address.
- Complete the remaining sections in black ink and sign and date the form attesting that all the information is correct. Use Australian date format (DD/MM/YYYY) and do not make any alterations to your signature or date.
- Obtain two recent colour photographs (they cannot be more than six months old) and write your name neatly on the back of one photo. Detailed photo information is available on this site. Check your photos carefully as non-compliant photos are the most common reasons for rejecting applications.
How to lodge your application
Where you live determines where you will lodge your application. You can lodge the form in person or through the mail. Make sure you provide:
- The completed application renewal form, filled out in black ink, dated in Australian date format (DD/MM/YYYY).
- Your previous passport (the number of which is recorded at the top left side of the application form). This passport will be returned to you after we have cancelled it.
- Two photographs, one with your full name written neatly on the back.
- The passport fee (and courier fee if you do not intend to collect your passport from the office where you are lodging the application).