- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Exhibitions and Events
- Residence Art Collection
- Australia-United States of America relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Special announcement: The Embassy will be conducting passport interviews in Texas on 3 and 4 December 2013. Please click here for further information.
How to obtain an Australian passport in the United States of America
1. Find out what type of form that you need to use: PC7 or PC8.
2. Read the instructions for preparing your application. In particular:
Review the checklist below to avoid common mistakes.
Read the photo instructions. Australian passport photos are different to US passport photos so please check the information carefully before you submit your application.
3. Fill out your application forms online at the global website: www.passports.gov.au. Note: You cannot download blank forms. You must complete the form online.
4. Print the completed application form. Sign and date where required using Australian Date Format - DD/MM/YYYY. Any applications containing dates in US format will be rejected.
All passport information on this website is current. We ask that you do NOT contact our offices to re-confirm information you have already obtained from this website.
Additional information for passport applicants
Passport fees (all fees payable in the United States of America are in US dollars)
Credit card authorisation form (not for use in Honolulu)
Guarantor information (for use with Form PC8 only)
Link to B11 - General statement by passport applicant - use this form only if requested by the Passport Office
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)